Full Time, NY
Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-led creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital, virtual, and hybrid events, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Meta, lululemon, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NYC and LA. Candidates are expected to live within commuting distance of either office and be present for collaborative, in-person work Tues-Thurs.
MKG is seeking an experienced highly tactical Account Director to manage one key line of B2B-focused business for the agency. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, strategic-minded, leader with high standards for craft and execution. This person is an expert in client servicing and event production, team management and is highly skilled in working with cross functional teams to solve problems, improve processes, and drive consensus.
The Account Director position will be directly responsible for leading a team of three Account Managers who help this client produce virtual and physical experiences – through consultation, production, creative direction, and general support. In addition to developing a high-performing team, this position will be responsible for working with other cross-functional stakeholders to create and grow programs focused on achieving the brand’s core mission.
The ideal candidate will combine an exceptional ability to coach, develop, and motivate team members; a passion for growing revenue through rigorous account planning and consultative sales techniques; a keen eye for identifying process and workflow opportunities; and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. Success in this position requires strong understanding of event production, sales, people management, and problem-solving skills; attention to detail; the ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment; and a passion for helping others achieve results.
Note: this client focuses on social networks, technology and media.
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provide overall thought leadership and direction on the account while providing ongoing support, council and guidance to the client
● Ability to develop and articulate a clear, strategic POV on the business as a whole and on all assignments given by the client
● Write internal creative briefs to help drive the program development process
● Lead a high-performing team of 7+ Account Managers and provide oversight for support staff of Production and Design staff
● Coach, develop and inspire your direct reports (3)
● Identify actionable insights to improve client results and team strategy
● Develop and implement regional and global programs to improve the client experience
● Monitor progress against goals and respond to changes in the market
● Work cross-functionally within sales and other internal organizations to drive revenue and increase client satisfaction
● Identify opportunities to improve event experiences and the customer experience
● Communicates strategic information and context from the company and organization to the team, manager, and partners to be successful across the organization, and to inform and influence
● Assigns projects aligned with team strengths, skills and motivations, and adjusts management style to match the needs of the individual and team(s)
● Builds a culture where differences are appreciated, and everyone feels valued
● Shows care by understanding what matters most to people and teams
● Recognizes people and teams for their contributions
● Matches people’s strengths and skills to impactful roles and experiences in and across teams
● Gives and seeks timely feedback and asks the same of their team(s)
● Builds the team and skills necessary for long-term growth, both within and outside their orgs.
● Recruits top talent to fill open positions, and on-boards cross-functionally
● Assesses skill accurately majority of the time
● Has a point of view around strategic decisions, leverages insights from the team, and influences stakeholders and leaders to implement the most impactful solution
● Responsible for the profitability of the agency account, working closely with finance and operation to forecast its financial health within the agency and put plans in place for operations excellence
● When in-person, traveling 20-25%
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 8+ years of work experience involving account management, marketing and sales
● 5+ years experience leading others and managing teams
● A proven track-record of leading client-agency relationships and delivering strong performance and results
● Knowledge of organizational dynamics, change management, and process improvement
● Experience building working relationships
● Experience influencing at a variety of levels in an organization, including with cross-functional leaders
● Have a keen understanding of the B2B experiential marketing space
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
● Have impeccable communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to consistently drive simple scalable solutions to solve complex problems
● Be able to think creatively about a variety of challenges and apply organizational and managerial skills accordingly
● Experience working in a tech-focused B2B environment