Associate Creative Director
Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-owned and operated creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital, virtual, and hybrid events, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Meta, lululemon, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NY and LA. This position can work remotely or from either MKG office.
ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR / COPYWRITER
We are looking for a Freelance Associate Creative Director to join our Creative Strategy team, providing support and reporting into the ECD, while leading key client work and new business opportunities. We seek a culturally savvy, multi-faceted ACD – someone who is a mix of strategist, writer, and has an eye for great design. We are a small team and the ACD will be hands on with the work.
CREATIVE WORK // EXPECTATIONS + REQUIREMENTS
• Assumes ownership of RFPs/Proposals/Projects from a creative standpoint working with internal and external teams to grow MKG’s business
• Ability to manage a large volume of projects at one time
• Dissects and interprets client briefs
• Asks probing and purposeful questions to get to the important answers
• Leads brainstorms and develops creative strategies rooted in Brand Action
• Authors creative decks and pitch decks, working closely with Art Directors and Graphic Designers on visual storytelling
• Ability to own a room and sell an idea – Demonstrates a thoughtful POV, supported by data and well researched arguments; defends work in a tactful and persuasive manner
• Works closely with producers to ensure ideas are feasible within budget and timeline
• Able to work independently – MKG does not work with traditional writer/art director partnerships and CDs are expected to lead independently with the support of visual designers and other creatives for brainstorming
DEPARTMENTAL // EXPECTATIONS + REQUIREMENTS
• Thinks big picture about the agency and the work, clients, and pitches that will drive us forward while keeping ECD informed about projects
• Works closely with the team and agency cultural and marketing initiatives
• Provides support to creative leadership on departmental needs like case study creation, agency marketing, etc.
MANAGEMENT // EXPECTATIONS + REQUIREMENTS
• 7+ years of relevant experience at advertising, experiential, marketing agencies or brands (Nice to have: past campaign experience with beer, airline, tech brands)
• Ability to provide an authoritative voice to make decisions and drive projects forward
• Ability to foster the careers of direct reports, helping to carve a path to their success and growth
• Mentors creative(s) on the team by providing guidance and feedback, pushes the team to strive for strategic, results-driven quality work, seen as a cultural role model to the team and agency.
Please include a link to your portfolio.