Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-owned and operated creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital, virtual, and hybrid events, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Facebook, lululemon, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NY and LA. This position can work remotely or from either MKG office.
MKG is searching for a highly imaginative and enthusiastic Creative Associate to generate big ideas. Reporting to the Creative Director, this role will be responsible for supporting the creative process from ideation to development. This person should have the ability to understand the “big picture” and offer macro-level creative solutions to current and prospective clients. Experience in brand marketing, sponsorship activation, and brand experience is desired, though not a dealbreaker. Candidates should be passionate about innovative ideas and experiences.
● Developing creative ideas and programs for MKG’s clients.
● Developing ideas and programs that meet client objectives using a wide arsenal of tools from live events, sponsorships, partnerships, traditional media, social media, technology, and more.
● Attending brainstorm sessions and creating supporting presentation materials
● Working with new business teams to respond to RFPs and new opportunities.
● Working with account teams to develop fresh ideas and plans for existing clients.
● Partnering with a cross-disciplinary team (including designers, strategists, producers, social and digital experts) to help define and execute concept direction and experience strategy
● Working in conjunction with designers team to bring ideas to life. (NOTE – this is NOT a design position)
● Ensuring creative output is results driven.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
● Have direct experience in brand marketing.
● Have a solid understanding of the experiential marketing and sponsorship landscape.
● Be incessantly curious about the world, culture, and trends that affect our business.
● Have the ability to think creatively about a variety of challenges and challenge the way we think.
● Have a great sense of humor and a positive attitude about stuff that is sometimes not that sweet.
● 2 to 4 years of creative experience in an agency or creative environment.
● Strong writing skills and the ability to take an idea from a thought to a full-blown proposal.
● Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
● Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
● Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities.