Full Time, LA
Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-led creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital & virtual, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Meta, HBO, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis and have offices in NYC and LA.
WORKING AT MKG
MKG has offices in NYC and LA. Candidates are expected to live within commuting distance of either office and be present for collaborative, in-person work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
We’re on the lookout for a multifaceted Creative Director who possesses that perfect blend of strategic thinking, a way with words, and an innate eye for exceptional design. MKG is a close-knit family, and our Creative Director will not only steer the ship but also roll up their sleeves and dive headfirst into the creative process.
Salary Range: $120K-$180K
***This is the minimum + maximum base salary that we, in good faith, are willing to pay at the time of the posting. Salary commensurate with experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Think big picture about the agency and the work, clients, and pitches that will drive us forward while keeping ECD informed about projects
- Develop and deliver creative concepts for new and existing business, with an experiential focus and omnichannel integration. Use left brain/right brain thinking to develop concepts rooted in strategy, but driven by original and ownable ideas.
- Dissect and interpret client briefs and challenge the status quo, steering clients to new territories that drive Brand Action
- Provide support to CCO on departmental needs like case study creation, awards submissions, agency marketing, etc
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and creative practices
- Assume ownership of key client relationships from a creative standpoint, working with internal and external teams to grow MKG’s business and reputation
- Creatively lead projects from start to finish ultimately generating innovative and original ideas that align with the client objectives. Responsible for leading brainstorming sessions, actively developing and authoring decks, guiding the project team, giving constructive feedback, ensuring the vision is being met, and always pushing the creative thinking
- Sell your creative with crystal clear rationale and passionate energy both internally to our project teams and externally to clients
- Identify potential risks or issues related to creative projects and take proactive steps to mitigate them
- Mentor and manage direct reports on the team:
- Review report’s work, providing guidance and feedback and recommending next steps, ensuring best practices maintained
- Attend briefing meetings and brainstorms and to help guide thinking
- Push reports to strive for strategic, results-driven quality work; find ways to continually improve output
- Coaching and mentoring team to develop leadership skills
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THIS ROLE:
- Strong writing and verbal communication, ability to develop decks with efficiency and impact
- A minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in advertising, experiential, marketing agencies or brands
- A proven track record of executing successful campaigns for top-tier brands
- You are a culture seeker and operator, active within the creative communities that fuels your ideation prowess
- Ability to provide an authoritative voice to make decisions and drive projects forward
- Ability to foster the careers of direct reports, helping to carve a path to their success and growth
- Ability to own a room and sell an idea – demonstrates a thoughtful POV, supported by data and well researched arguments; defends work in a tactful and persuasive manner
- Ability to manage a large volume of projects at one time while also championing and mentoring direct reports
- Ability to build relationships interdepartmentally and with clients, ensuring the work and satisfaction is sustained project to project
- Ability to analyze situations, identify problems, exercise judgment and creativity in making decisions
- Bring energy, your own sense of humor and a curious mind to the work, while being respectful and earnest to your peers and the work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Travel is expected as needed
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Please email your Portfolio & Resume to Kristina.Cappuccilli@thisismkg.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!