Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-owned and operated creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital, virtual, and hybrid events, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Facebook, lululemon, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NY and LA. This position can work remotely or from either MKG office.
We are looking for a Freelance Creative Director – a culturally savvy, multi-faceted Creative Director – someone who is a mix of strategist and writer and has an eye for great design. We are a small team and the Creative Director will be hands on with the work.
CREATIVE WORK // EXPECTATIONS + REQUIREMENTS
● Assumes ownership of RFPs/Proposals from a creative and strategy standpoint working with internal and external teams to create best in class work
● Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
● Dissects and interprets client briefs
● Asks probing and purposeful questions to get to the important answers
● Leads brainstorms and develops creative strategies rooted in Brand Action
● Authors creative decks and pitch decks, working closely with Art Directors and Graphic Designers on visual storytelling
● Ability to own a room and sell an idea – Demonstrates a thoughtful POV, supported by data and well researched arguments; defends work in a tactful and persuasive manner
● Works closely with producers to ensure ideas are feasible within budget and timeline
● Able to work independently – MKG does not work with traditional writer/art director partnerships and CDs are expected to lead independently with the support of visual designers and other creatives for brainstorming
DEPARTMENTAL // EXPECTATIONS + REQUIREMENTS
● Thinks big picture about the agency and the work, clients, and pitches that will drive us forward while keeping CCO informed about projects and team bandwidth
● Works closely with the CCO on team and agency cultural and marketing initiatives
● Provides support to CCO on departmental needs like project staffing, case study creation, agency marketing, etc.
● Maintains best in class freelance pool and interviews candidates on a quarterly basis
● Manages onboarding and training for new hires and freelancers onto Creative team as needed
MANAGEMENT // EXPECTATIONS + REQUIREMENTS
● 10+ years relevant experience at advertising, experiential, marketing agencies or brands
● Ability to provide an authoritative voice to make decisions and drive projects forward
● Ability to foster the careers of direct reports, helping to carve a path to their success and growth
● Manage + mentor creative(s) on the team:
○ Manages report’s workloads and timelines
○ Reviews report’s proposal work, providing guidance and feedback and
recommending next steps
○ Attends briefing meetings and brainstorms and helps guide thinking and next steps
○ Pushes reports to strive for strategic, results-driven quality work; finds ways to continually improve output
○ Coaching and mentoring team to develop leadership skills
Please include a link to your portfolio.