Full Time, NY
Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-led creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital, virtual, and hybrid events, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Meta, lululemon, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NYC and LA. Candidates are expected to live within commuting distance of either office and be present for collaborative, in-person work Tues-Thurs.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Production oversight + Production lead.
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Producer is a team leader who drives the projects and process and aims to make the best work possible with the agencies established strategies & best practices in mind. A professional problem solver, this role is heavy in project management and client management. The EP manages a team of full-time producers and freelance producers on a project-by-project basis providing mentorship, industry knowledge, support, and guidance as they navigate their projects and client needs forward.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Executional & Creative Excellence
● Lead the charge in bringing to life forward-thinking ideas that will change how people experience brands.
● Oversee multiple, large-scale projects at a time with a team of varying size as support.
● Continually look for innovative solutions, production methods, vendors and partnerships that push the work forward.
● Find ingenious ways to bring the creative ideas to life within budget. And know when and how to push clients on budget when needed.
● Executing and establishing MKG best practices for continued improvement.
● Ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to a variety of event environments.
Account & Client Management
● Act as Primary communication leader with clients on owned projects.
● Act as an escalation point of communication with direct report’s clients & projects.
● Develop meaningful relationships with clients that build trust. Create a relationship that is not limited to a project timeline.
● Look for new opportunities to engage existing clients with MKG or ACC agency offerings.
● Be a resource to the team as client needs or budgets change, and help get client approvals.
● Ability to be detail oriented while keeping sight of the ‘bigger picture’ and end goals of clients.
● Working with the HOP and Finance team to create budgets and manage the revenue throughout client programs.
● Manage/mitigate third party costs and negotiate to get best pricing possible.
● Develop and actively manage vendor and partner relationships to ensure best available resources and pricing.
● Ensure budgets are frequently updated and expertly communicated to clients.
● Reconcile budgets in a timely manner.
● Work with Finance to ensure proper billing and payment for services rendered.
Business Development & Pitches
● Participate in the new business efforts as needed including partaking in brainstorming, researching partners, suggesting venues or locations, and offering feasibility consultation.
● Help create thoughtful and researched budgets for Biz Dev proposals as needed.
● Attend BD pitches and capes meetings as needed.
● Assume ownership of specially assigned departmental projects as assigned by HOP or Prod Ops Director.
● Act as a cultural leader and role model for junior and mid-level team members.
● Act with integrity with clients and with internal teammates.
● Be curious, ask questions, and strive to learn more within the industry.
● Know when to raise your hand and ask for help.
● Introducing new ideas and concepts that might align with a project’s initiatives.
● Have fun and make it contagious.
● Celebrate and champion diversity, equity and inclusion within our agency.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
● 12+ years with similar experience
● Serve as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to HOP & Production Ops Director in order to help and advise on staffing, team bandwidth, team strengths, etc.
● Help to share ideas, knowledge and resources across teams and project units.
● Inspire and challenge junior producers to push the work and their abilities forward.
● Serve as a leader to producers and coordinators ensuring that they are exposed to opportunities that help them grow in their career and their increasing value to the team.
● Ensure regular team meetings are happening and manage communications between team members, ensuring all deadlines are met.
● Develop junior team members by providing challenging assignments, training opportunities, and delivering ongoing constructive feedback.
● Attend load ins + events for team members whether junior, direct reports or freelancers to ensure MKG quality control.
● Serve as support for any onsite issues while making sure the lead producer is still the go-to for any on site issues that arise.
● Manage employee reviews and deliver thoughtful feedback that helps nurture talent.