Full Time, NY
Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-owned and operated creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital, virtual, and hybrid events, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Meta, lululemon, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NYC and LA. Candidates are expected to live within commuting distance of either office and be present for collaborative, in-person work Tues-Thurs.
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) role is in partnership with and in support of the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department in partnership with the SR. HR Manager (SHRM) to include but not limited to; hiring, screening, payroll partnership, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Reviews, tracks, and documents various aspects of compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
● Works in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team and departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for open requisitions.
● Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
● Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
● Ensure timely and accurate entries to the HRIS database
● Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
● Takes the lead on the administration of all Leave of Absence programs and processes including transitional work and accommodations.
● Attends and collaborates with SHRM in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, exit interviews, and investigations.
● Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
● Nurture a positive work environment
● Performs other duties as required and assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field.
● Certifications for Human Resource Professionals (PHR, SPHR) a plus
● 2-5 years’ of HRG experience
● Paylocity knowledge is a plus
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
● Handle highly confidential information.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
● Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
● Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite or related software.
● Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
● Interact professionally with various levels of Company employees and outside representatives
● Prepare reports and correspondence
● Represent the Company before the public
● Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.