Full Time, NY
Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-led creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital, virtual, and hybrid events, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Meta, lululemon, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NYC and LA. Candidates are expected to live within commuting distance of either office and be present for collaborative, in-person work Tues-Thurs.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Production lead.
Experiential background preferred. Contract.
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Producers are responsible for leading large-scale programs, overseeing smaller scale projects as well as managing select freelance production staff. Project management and oversight are central to this position. This person must be organized, self-motivated, and able to think creatively and quickly, and must be able to approach unique problems in new ways. The ability to work as part of a team is also critical for this position and some may have a direct report.
Skillfully producing large-scale MKG Events/Programs including, but not limited to:
Project & Client Management
● Developing and managing event budgets and reconciling budgets post event; meeting profit goals.
● Managing day-to-day relationships with clients, strategically meeting client needs and managing expectations.
● Work cross-functionally (internally and externally) to ensure all event collateral, marketing materials, assets, and deadlines are managed
● Liaising with in-house Creative, Design and Operations divisions.
● Develop project documentation including deliverable timelines, production schedules, run of show, etc.
● Building upon and strengthening existing client relationships
● Sourcing venues and vendors and negotiating contracts with venues and vendors.
● Obtaining City permits as needed.
● Managing vendor relationships and deliverables to ensure seamless execution and highest quality.
Management / Dept. Admin
● On-boarding freelance production staff
● Overseeing freelance staff working on smaller scale programs/events
● Update and enhance MKG production/operations systems and processes.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
● 5-7 years’ with similar experience
● Track-record of executing successful productions
● Experience managing client expectations
● Experience managing detailed production budgets (large and small)
● Experience negotiating event related contracts, proposals and agreements
● Be able to think creatively about a variety of challenges and apply their organizational and managerial skills accordingly.
● Experience managing teams
● Broad network of contacts and vendors in event production and hospitality
● Experience hitting (and exceeding) profit targets
● Ability to travel as we produce projects and events across the country and sometimes internationally!
● Experience managing staff