Full Time, NY
Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-led creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions – including live experiences, digital, virtual, and hybrid events, employee engagements, and social impact actions – humanize brands through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Meta, lululemon, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NYC and LA. Candidates are expected to live within commuting distance of either office and be present for collaborative, in-person work Tues-Thurs.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Production lead + Production oversight.
Experiential background preferred. Contract.
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client and project management/oversight are central to this position as the Senior Producer drives the project and process. Senior Producers responsibilities may include managing freelance and full-time producers on a project-by-project basis and be assigned Producers to mentor. Senior Producers work on multi-faceted, complex projects with inter-agency partner management. Sharing departmental admin related tasks with DOP may be a part of this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Project & Client Management
● Ensuring client priorities and objectives are met and maintained throughout the production/execution.
● Overseeing the creation and maintenance of critical project tracking and documentation.
● Developing and managing budgets, handling vendor contract and fee negotiations, ensuring billing and invoicing terms and processes are met.
● Managing onsite teams to ensure the seamless installation and execution.
● Working cross-functionally (internally and externally) to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are identified and managed day-to-day in order to successfully meet expectations and project goals.
● Leading clear and consistent communication and coordination between team members across in-house departments, outside organizations/consultants and clients.
● Understanding and clearly translating both team and client vision, direction, and needs.
● Managing client needs and expectations, while building and strengthening client relationships.
● Managing multiple, simultaneous projects and teams in various stages of a project lifecycle.
● Assisting with the development and refining of Statements of Work.
● Managing and executing multi-channel projects, including live events, content, social and digital-driven initiatives, campaigns and partnerships.
● Developing a detailed plan of action leading it through completion and ensuring that the project is running smoothly during all phases.
● Translating creative ideas into project plans and deliverables.
● Ensuring that integrated event solutions are innovative and strategically relevant, building brand equity and delivering results for the client.
● Understands MKG and client specific Health & Safety policies and objectives. Works with internal teams and vendors and other partners to ensure H&S practices and risk mitigation is consistently applied onsite / through the execution of the project.
● Ability to travel as we produce projects and events across the country!
● Day to day team management, delegation, and oversight.
● Coordinating with project leads from other departments to ensure deliverables are on track.
● Assign specific roles and responsibilities throughout the planning and onsite execution.
● Mentoring at least one full-time Producer-overseeing their projects, providing support and guidance.
● Serving as a leader within the department.
● Client-facing role within an agency environment.
● Proven track record developing and managing large, complex projects/teams.
● Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all ● levels within the organization in addition to clients, partners and vendors.
● Experience developing and managing seven-figure budgets.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
● 8+ years’ with similar experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
● Has experience managing multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
● Is a proactive, thoughtful and strategic thinker.
● Thrives in a fast-paced environment, is resourceful, self-motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented.
● Has excellent communication and presentation skills.
● Delivers unsurpassed client and customer service.
● Is solutions oriented when issues arise with clients and projects.
● Proven ability to successfully lead large projects with multidisciplinary teams/departments.
● Ability to manage and supervise various projects and teams simultaneously.
● Has excellent prioritization skills and the ability to change/shift focus with ease.
● Has worked with clients in travel, hospitality, lifestyle, beauty, sports, tech and/or entertainment.
● Has a broad network of contacts in the experiential marketing and production industries/fields.
● Prior management experience, specifically managing multiple direct reports.