Full Time, NY
Founded in 2003, MKG is a women-led creative agency specializing in brand action. Brand actions — including live experiences, virtual events, employee engagements, and social impact actions — connect brands to audiences through creative storytelling and thoughtful, purpose-driven engagement. We’re proud to be long-standing partners to brands like Google, Target, Netflix, Meta, HBO, Delta Air Lines, and Dos Equis.
MKG has offices in NYC and LA. Candidates are expected to live within commuting distance of either office and be present for collaborative, in-person work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
GENERAL PURPOSE: We are looking for a smart and dynamic Strategist with a passion for culture and the ability to turn thoughtful cultural insights into ingenious brand actions. This person will be responsible for all stages of strategic development, partnering with and reporting into the Executive Creative Director to develop high-impact experiential marketing solutions for both prospective and current clients. The Strategist must be a strategic driver and inventive thinker, with a knack for understanding consumer insights and the passion for sharing this knowledge with the agency to contribute to organizational growth.
***This is the minimum + maximum base salary that we, in good faith, are willing to pay at the time of the posting. Salary commensurate with experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Collaborate with team to develop engaging experiences that shift consumer perception and change behavior
- Work with teams to surface valuable insights that help turn strategies into creative stories
- Find innovative ways to root brand ideals into culture by maximizing digital, social, talent, and partnerships opportunities for engagement
- Continuously consume, mine and distill a wide variety of research reports to spark insights and ideas
- Dive into client business problems to identify a clear experiential strategy that will drive marketplace results
- Collaborate with the Creative leads to generate and escalate ideas that stand out and get clients excited
- Lead concept extensions into the integrated channels, partnerships, content, and specific programming—ensuring the ideas will always be adaptable to other mediums
- Co-own presentation decks, with a focus on the overall deck flow and upfront strategy, ensuring the concepts’ fidelity, additionally providing ideation and copy support as needed
- Keen ability to understand consumer behavior and uncover which insights should be addressed for an experience to be successful
- Keeping the agency abreast of all relevant cultural trends, memes, and general sentiment that could lead to groundbreaking thinking
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience commensurate with this position.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in brand strategy at a full service marketing/experiential agency
- A proven track record of executing successful campaigns for demanding clients
- Experience in brand marketing, sponsorship activation, account support and/or client relations
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Be a team player, eager to collaborate with clients and colleagues
- Have an outstanding presence, with the ability to command a room in both internal and external meetings.
- Be an expert in the field of cultural moments/tentpole experiences, sponsorship, digital/social and experiential marketing
- Ability to turn insight-driven strategies into measurable results
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Mastery of market trends, a seeker of culture and the communities that surround it
- Bring energy and levity to the the work—MKG is known for these qualities and it all starts with how we approach the business